- Audit the Fed: Auditing the Federal Reserve is actually one of the most important issues that we have to put our economy back on stable footing. The Reserve has been printing 85 billion dollars a month for years and putting it into the stock market to prop it up and make this country appear to be in recovery. “Requiring the Government Accountability Office to conduct a full and independent audit of the Fed each and every year, would be an important step towards making the Federal Reserve a more democratic institution that is responsive to the needs of ordinary Americans rather than the billionaires on Wall Street,” the Independent senator Paul said in a statement.
- Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP): “Investor-State Dispute Settlement,” or ISDS would undermine U.S. sovereignty. If a foreign company that makes the toxic chemical opposes the law, it would normally have to challenge it in a U.S. court. But with ISDS, the company could skip the U.S. courts and go before an international panel of arbitrators. If the company won, the ruling couldn’t be challenged in U.S. courts, and the arbitration panel could require American taxpayers to cough up millions — and even billions — of dollars in damages. So if a Vietnamese company with U.S. operations wanted to challenge an increase in the U.S. minimum wage, it could use ISDS. But if an American labor union believed Vietnam was allowing Vietnamese companies to pay slave wages in violation of trade commitments, the union would have to make its case in the Vietnamese courts. There is zero upside for the American citizen in this trade agreement.
- Immigration: Both legal and illegal immigration need to be stopped until we get a handle on who is in this country. Illegals get most of the air time when we talk about immigration due to the fact that they don’t pay taxes and are using our welfare system to allow them to work for slave wages thus pushing down wages for American workers. The answer is to deport these workers not raise the minimum wage. The other 40% of our problem are immigrants who come here on H1B visas. These workers are willing to work for less then an American worker and are basically slaves to the company who brings them into the country. If you are here on a H1B visa and your employer fires you then you get deported, so these workers will work longer hours for less money and not complain. Until we have everyone working in our country that can work these programs should be shut down.
- Taxes: Every time our nation has lowered taxes it has spurned growth in our economy. More money in manufacturers hands means they hire more people and expand their businesses. Lower taxes for the average families puts money in their hands that they put back into the economy. Our corporate taxes are the highest in the world so our businesses keep their money off-shore to avoid being strangled with the burden. If we lower these taxes the companies will bring these two trillion dollars back into our country and use it to build new businesses.
- Muslim Refugees: Right now there are millions of Muslim refugees entering Europe and they are not assimilating, they are destroying cultures. ISIS has pledged to infiltrate these refugees and reek havoc where ever people are kindhearted enough to take them in. All of the leaders in this country, that are tasked with protecting our citizens, have advised against allowing any of these refugees into our country. If someone was to give you 10 candies and told you just one of them was poisoned how many would you eat. We haven’t vetted these people, nor can we, because there are no real records coming out of Syria.
These are five major policies and before you vote my only hope is that you see where your favorite candidate stands on them. If we don’t elect a person who is truly conservative this country will not recover from the damage of the past 7 years.